Friday, March 21, 2014

The Whole Alphabet is started...

A few months ago I stitched L is for Leaves as a single piece. Now I have started stitching the whole alphabet. I am stitching this using most of the recommended DMC threads on 36 count raw linen using 2 threads over 2.  I stitch on this design whenever I can as I am really enjoying it. Kevin from Cabbages and Kings blog is stitching this in a cyber SAL with myself and some local friends.

A is for Anchor is finished except for the actual "A". I haven't decided what colour to stitch it yet.  The recommended DMC thread 3857 is very dark so I don't think the A will stand out if I use it. I think I will decide after I have stitched a few letters.  I have swapped a few colours in this piece.  The crab I stitched in a salmon red DMC 3830 as I felt it was more lifelike.  I also swapped the 3857 thread for 221 on the left anchor.


I have stitched about one-third of the next letter too, B is for Blackbird. The mother and baby blackbirds are darlings on top of the pie. So far I have used the recommended colours.



Until next time, happy alphabet stitching…
                                                 Jan x 

3 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful xx

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Super!

Kevin said...

Jan, yours is looking GREAT!! I've been SO BAD about keeping up with mine. :-( I think this week I really must get cracking at my B square here. Hope all is well.